Made to Thrive founder Kirsten Smith is offering a motivational workshop at the American Youth Soccer Organization's EXPO in Southbury, CT on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Kirsten is the mother of three grown children who were active in soccer, volleyball and other sports as kids. Kirsten spent many happy hours cheering from the sidelines, and coached a youth soccer team for several seasons. In this workshop, she'll take one of her favorite business tools and show coaches how to it can be utilized in soccer.
Motivating Your Players and Parents
The better we understand our players and their parents, the better the experience will be for us all. As a trainer providing professional skills development to companies around the US, one tool that I use often to help teams be more effective is a DISC assessment, which is an incredible and powerful tool for organizations, helping us to better understand how we (and our colleagues, customers, families, etc.) think, process and react. The DISC® model provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and to adapt their behaviors with others and helps to:
· Increase self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
· Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of others
· Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict
· Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of others
· Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
In this 2-hour workshop participants will take a short DISC assessment and then work together through the results, helping you discover what drives your players, what de-motivates them, and how you can work more effectively with those on and off the field.
Learn more about this event at the AYSO's website: https://www.aysoexpo.org/https://www.aysoexpo.org/s-3-northeast/.
To book Kirsten for a speaking engagement, reach out to Kirsten at email@example.com.